In many cases, when applying for status adjustment, a medical examination is required. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) designates certain physicians to perform these medical examinations.
Dr. Craig A. Stevens is a designated Civil Surgeon by the USCIS. He can perform physical examinations, verify immunizations, order chest-x-rays when needed, and order most vaccines when needed. He can complete Form I-693.
Requirements and Cost
Dr. Stevens’ office can schedule immigration physicals on any day that he has a one-hour opening.
The total cost of the examination for patients 15 years of age and older is $450.00 – $100.00 credit card deposit then $350.00 cash at the time of the visit. This includes a physical examination, a review of immunizations, a blood test for syphilis and tuberculosis, and a urine test for gonorrhea.
The total cost of the examination for patients younger than 15 years of age is $400.00 as the blood test for syphilis is not required – $100.00 credit card deposit then $300.00 cash at the time of visit.
Included in the above fee are the following three required tests:
- Quantiferon Gold = $75.00
- RPR = $25.00
- GC/chlamydia = $25.00
Additional lab fees if needed are:
- MMR titer = $75.00
- Varicella titer = $25.00
Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
When calling the office to schedule an immigration physical, please provide us with the following information:
- Social security number (if you have one)
- Last and first name, and middle initial (if any)
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- A credit card number will need to be provided for a non-refundable scheduling fee of $100 that will be credited toward and subtracted from your total fee on the day of your examination
Immigration patients will need to bring the following to their examination:
- Government-issued photo identification (i.e. driver’s license or passport) for everyone, regardless of age.
- Immunization records, if you have them. If you don’t have immunization records, blood tests to check for immunity to various diseases like chickenpox, polio, hepatitis, measles, mumps, and rubella may need to be done, but the blood tests will cost additional money. If you need tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis (Tdap) booster or another vaccine, they can be ordered at any pharmacy. The blood tests do not require you to fast and you will be given the location of the lab at your appointment.
- Form I-693 (either from your attorney or from the government’s website), the identifying information in Part 1 should be completed in capital letters, but DO NOT SIGN or date the form until told to do so by the civil surgeon.
- The balance of the total fee ($450 less $100 = $350 for patients 15 years of age and older; or $300.00 for patients less than 15 years of age). This balance can ONLY be paid in CASH. A patient will need more cash if the patient needs additional blood tests for immunity testing and/or additional vaccines.
- Additionally, you must be able to return to see Dr. Stevens once all tests are finalized. Once all requirements are met, you will be given a sealed envelope with the completed forms as well as a copy of everything that goes into the envelope.
Forms and Information
PDF File: Required Testing (PDF) (Also Available in DOCX Format)
This document provides general information about several of the required tests that must be conducted in compliance with a standard immigration medical examination.