Our philosophy for medical care and treatment is the guiding light for our principles of operation. Our central philosophy is “quality healthcare is a right” for all patients. To that end, our core principles support and promote our philosophy. Our belief that preventative care and health maintenance enhance the lives of those who might otherwise suffer or live a more compromised lifestyle can be seen throughout our practice. What else do we believe?
- It is important for everyone to have a primary care provider.
- Your primary care provider should coordinate all aspects of your healthcare. This includes communication with specialists and hospitals when hospital admission is required.
- A primary care provider should particularly focus on preventative healthcare and health maintenance.
- One of our most important goals is to provide the best, evidence-based healthcare to our patients.
- It is important for us to see acutely ill patients when they need to be seen. During our hours of operation, we will do our best to see acutely ill patients on the same day that they call.
- Reaching a real person is important. During our hours of operation, we will do our best to answer the phones so that patients do not receive a busy signal or an answering machine.
Our Concierge Practice
“I have been asked many times why I closed Triangle Family Care, moved to Avance Care in Apex, and after only two months, am moving back to Triangle Family Care. It is a long story, but one I certainly can share.
For many decades now, insurance companies have run healthcare. In order to be reimbursed at a higher fee schedule, you had to do certain things per their rules that had nothing to do with patient outcomes. Also, as a solo physician, I had no clout to negotiate a higher fee schedule. As a result, the amount I was paid by insurance companies was not enough to cover expenses; obviously, this could not continue. Avance Care is reimbursed much better than I was and I thought it would be a good move and I ensured that all my staff had jobs, if they wanted them.
After only the first week at Avance Care, I knew it was not going to work out for me. I was able to master their electronic medical record system – believe it or not – however, I felt that all I did was data entry. I was paying more attention to the computer than I was the patient! Their organization also had several rather rigid rules/policies in place that were not medically necessary and caused a lot of frustration for my patients and myself. I also did not like working twelve-hour shifts as it did not allow me to exercise daily which has become so important to me.
Therefore, I decided to return to Triangle Family Care as a concierge/self-pay model so that I could be a doctor again and practice the way I have for the past 25 or more years. I know not everyone can afford this and I am truly sorry for that, but you have options. The concierge fees can be paid monthly or annually, whichever is more convenient. We will also give you the tools to file insurance claims yourself so that you can be reimbursed. Also, those patients who have flexible spending accounts can use that pre-tax money to pay the concierge fee.
I believe strongly that I will be able to provide more personalized and better healthcare to each and every patient and that we will work together to keep you as healthy as possible until the Good Lord calls us someday. I will be limiting the practice to 600 patients at this time.” – Dr. Craig Stevens