Our philosophy for medical care and treatment is the guiding light for our principles of operation. Our central philosophy is “quality healthcare is a right” for all patients. To that end, our core principles support and promote our philosophy. Our belief that preventative care and health maintenance enhance the lives of those who might otherwise suffer or live a more compromised lifestyle can be seen throughout our practice. What else do we believe?
- It is important for everyone to have a primary care provider.
- Your primary care provider should coordinate all aspects of your healthcare. This includes communication with specialists and hospitals when hospital admission is required.
- A primary care provider should particularly focus on preventative healthcare and health maintenance.
- One of our most important goals is to provide the best, evidence-based healthcare to our patients.
- It is important for us to see acutely ill patients when they need to be seen. During our hours of operation, we will do our best to see acutely ill patients on the same day that they call.
- Reaching a real person is important. During our hours of operation, we will do our best to answer the phones so that patients do not receive a busy signal or an answering machine.
Our Direct Primary Care Practice Offering Concierge Services
“I have been asked many times why I closed Triangle Family Care, moved to Avance Care in Apex and after only two months, am moving back to Triangle Family Care. It is a long story, but one I certainly can share.
For many decades now, insurance companies have run healthcare. In order to be reimbursed at a higher fee schedule, you had to do certain things per their rules that had nothing to do with patient outcomes. Also, as a solo physician, I had no clout to negotiate a higher fee schedule. As a result, the amount I was paid by insurance companies was not enough to cover expenses; obviously, this could not continue.
Avance Care is reimbursed much better than I was; they worked with me to transition to their system, for which I will be eternally grateful; and they ensured that all my staff had jobs if they wanted them. But, after only the first week at Avance Care, I knew that I was not a good fit into their organization. Though I was able to master their electronic medical record system, believe it or not, I felt that all I did was data entry – I was paying more attention to the computer than I was the patient! Their organization, due to their size (60,000 patients and 80+ providers), also has several rules/policies in place that caused a lot of frustration for my patients and myself. Personally, I also did not like working twelve-hour shifts as it did not allow me to exercise daily which has become so important to me.
Therefore, I decided to return to Triangle Family Care as a concierge/self-pay model so that I could be a doctor again and practice the way I have for the past 25 or more years. I know not everyone can afford this and I am truly sorry for that, but you do have options:
- The concierge fees can be paid monthly or annually, whichever is more convenient.
- You can “pay-as-you-go” which means a 30-minute appointment is $125.00 and a 60-minute appointment (i.e. a complete physical) is $250.00, but you do not get 24/7 access.
Regardless of which of these two options you choose, we will also give you the form to file insurance claims yourself so that you can be reimbursed. From our experience, most patients are reimbursed about $100 for a 30-minute office visit and about $200 for a 60-minute visit; though this is very variable with each person’s insurance. Also, those patients who have flexible spending accounts can use that pre-tax money to pay the concierge fee or the “pay-as-you-go” office visit fee.
As a third option, you can stay with Avance Care. They do a fine job providing primary care, their hours are very patient-friendly and Kellie Furin, FNP, still works there! I believe strongly that I will be able to provide more personalized and better-tailored healthcare to each and every patient and that we will work together to keep you as healthy as possible until the Good Lord calls us someday. I will be limiting the practice to 600 patients at this time. Please refer here for the fee schedule and patient forms and more information.” – Dr. Craig Stevens