As we move towards the end of phase one and the progressive reopening of NC, I would like to share general safety precautions as well as tips to stay healthy during this time. The NC Department of Health and Human Services is asking people to remember the three Ws as we flatten the curve and slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Wear a cloth face covering if you will be with other people
- Wait 6 feet apart. Avoid close contact.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
To learn more, please visit the NCDHHS COVID-19 Response here.
Are you looking to boost your immune system during this time? To help your body fight off infections, here are three more helpful tips.
- Sleep: We heal when we sleep. A healthy immune system can fight off infections more than a sleep-deprived immune system
- Lower Stress Levels: Although this is a stressful time, try and find ways to lower your stress levels. Perhaps try yoga or breathing exercises.
- Enjoy a balanced diet: Nutritional deficiencies make us more susceptible to viruses and bacteria, that’s why it is important to eat nutritional foods that maintain a healthy immune system.
For recipes and workout ideas, follow Triangle Family Care on Facebook
As you do start to venture out when restrictions lift, remember your three W’s! I hope you continue to stay safe and healthy as we navigate COVID-19. For more information on how to protect yourself and others from the coronavirus, this article from the CDC is a good resource.