Triangle Family Care specializes in preventative healthcare. Dr. Stevens established this practice to offer more than just medical examinations and treatment. The goal of his practice is to educate and guide you to start and maintain a happy and healthy lifestyle. Keep reading to learn ten tips to help improve your well being this fall!
- Eat colorful foods! Fruits and vegetables are a nutritious option to fill up on at snack time and are an excellent source of fiber.
- Wash those hands every chance you get. You’ve heard it 1000 times before but washing your hands is the best way to stop a cold in it’s tracks.
- This fall, carve out time to enjoy your meals. Taking your time to eat will give you the time your body needs to let you know when you are really full. Once you learn to listen to your body, those portion sizes will slim down.
Use the beautiful fall weather to your advantage! The sun is shining, the air is crisp and it is the best time of the year to exercise outdoors and get your daily dose of Vitamin D.
- Start off your day with eating something nutritious. It is tempting to start off your day with a pumpkin spice latte and croissant but your body will thank you for beginning your day with oatmeal or eggs with fruit. Eating a hearty breakfast like this will kick-start your metabolism and keep you full longer.
- Your body needs rest. Make an effort to get eight hours of sleep every night and carve out time for yourself every week to get away from your busy life for a little bit and truly relax.
- Join your local gym! By the end of the fall, the weather gets colder and it becomes harder to motivate yourself to exercise outdoors when the winter rolls around. Many workout classes start in the fall, so sign yourself up for a membership and enjoy all of the perks.
- Start healthy lifestyle habits now, before the holiday season comes and brings with it countless opportunities to gain weight. Habits take weeks to form, so start off your fall by eating well and exercising in order to keep it up when the holidays are upon us.
- Get your flu vaccine. As the weather gets colder, people spend more time indoors and germs spread like wildfire.
As it starts to get colder, our skin is more likely to become irritated and dry. Get in the habit of keeping your skin and moisturized so that when the winter comes, your skin will be in good shape and you will be ready to take on more severe weather conditions.
This fall, consider these tips to eat smart, get outdoors and make a plan to prevent weight gain this holiday season. The hope of everyone at Triangle Family Care is to help you on your journey to improve your well being. If you have any questions about how to start or maintain a healthy lifestyle, or do happen to get sick this fall, remember that Triangle Family Care is here for you.